Jesus told the story,
“Anyone who listens to my teaching and follows it is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock. Though the rain comes in torrents and the floodwaters rise and the winds beat against that house, it won’t collapse because it is built on bedrock. But anyone who hears my teaching and doesn’t obey it is foolish, like a person who builds a house on sand. When the rains and floods come and the winds beat against that house, it will collapse with a mighty crash.” [ Matthew 7:24-27 ]
Being a disciple begins when we recieve Jesus as the only one to redeem our lives. But that's only the beginning. What follows is a life that looks like the life of Jesus. At Sanctuary, we use a teaching tool called "Building Blocks" to help one another learn and live out the Kingdom Life that we see Jesus living and teaching.
These Building Blocks are tools to help us understand and apply the depth of Spiritual truth and wisdom that we find throughout Scripture. They also are the Language we use as we disciple one another in the ways of Jesus. Modeled after Mike Breen's, "Life Shapes"*, they equip us in:
- Understanding scripture and living out a true identity and purpose
- Creating a culture where discipleship can thrive
- Listening to the voice of God and responding to Him
- Balancing our relational lives - UP IN OUT
- Finding the right rhythm of rest and work
- Praying like Jesus did
- Discovering and living out our unique giftedness
- Multiplying disciple makers and leaders
- Living reconciled lives and being agents of reconciliation
- Responding to "people of peace" in our lives
Being trained in these tools is part of the process of Disciple Making and this happens within a Discipling Huddle, led by someone who has themselves been discipled.
*A full description of "Life Shapes" can be found in Mike Breen's "Building a Discipling Culture".